Friday, July 21, 2006

That guy just bought me dinner!

I had a fun run in at dinner last night. I went to dinner last night with two of the teachers in the English department and we met the nicest man. We were sitting very close to his table and were conversing about school, lessons, learning Thai and I was trying to teach them a few Thai words. Throughout the meal he would interject with little phases here and there in English and Thai and was very nice. We ended up chatting with him for a while. He is a doctor, now retired, who spent his whole career in Lampang. He studied at one of the best medical schools in Thailand and is now retired - walking around is how he put it. He says he spends his days walking around Lampang. At the end of the night, he paid for our dinner and invited my science classes to come to the hospital he worked at for a field lesson. I told him I would take him up on that. I just love Thai people and look forward to meeting him again as he is a regular to this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment