Monday, May 21, 2007

Another small world revelation

I have to go through this process of getting a criminal background check. The Thai government recently changed the standards and requirements for foreign teachers after the whole ordeal with John Mark Carr went down. So I made a call to my friendly neighborhood US Embassy and inquired about the process. It's simple enough - a few fingerprints here, a few forms there and the obligatory processing fee and it's taken care of. I was chatting with the guy who answered the phone at the Embassy and told him that I need a background check because I was a teacher and one thing led to another and it was soon revealed that he is from Lampang and a graduate of none other than Bunyawat Witthayalai School. It was neat.

RM

No comments:

Post a Comment