Saturday, December 16, 2006

Pictures of my new house!

Hello!

As promised I'm posting some pictures of my new house! These were taken the day I moved in so there is some stuff still lying about so please don't mind that. It's much cleaner now and my bed is made! It's a wonderful little house and I'm really enjoying myself here. It's great to have a bit more space to spread out and it really feels like I'm home when I'm here as opposed to the apartment where I just felt away from school. It's real quiet and peaceful here. The weather right now is quite pleasant and the evenings are perfect. I was surprised the other day when I woke and was actually cold in the morning and had to add an extra blanket. But I guess that's why they call it the cold season. I've been cooking and have really enjoyed that and going to the market is also wonderful. There is a great vegetable and fruit market about 2 minutes from my house so I've been there a few times to buy vegetables, eggs and other assorted items. It's wonderful to attempt to cook Thai food and expand my menu as well as make some classic favorites from home. I just made spaghetti the other night and it was wonderful. I love Thai food and really enjoy eating and cooking it, but there is something about spaghetti and food from home...it's hard to describe, but that spaghetti tasted real good and I was transported back to the US for a bit. I've had the same experience with the Christmas cookies that my Mom sent out to me in the package that my family sent. I turn on the Christmas music, take a bite of a Christmas cookie and close my eyes and I'm back in my living room in Conifer over Christmas break with my family. The mind truly is an incredible thing and it's amazing how our sense of smell and taste are so closely tied to memory. It appears that I've gotten a bit off track for this entry, but that's OK. Here are the pictures as promised.


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment