Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Mother's Disbelief

Good morning!

I just had a real neat/funny encounter with a student and I thought it fit to share. My M2 students had taken a test last week and on Tuesday I had told them what their scores were. I wasn't able to return the tests since two students were absent and were going to take the test Tuesday afternoon. One student, a student who has struggled, did particularly well on his test compared to his previous performances. He was thrilled about his score and so was I. We had been working together on his note taking and would meet once a week to chat about the material for that week for the past month and I was very interested to see how he did on the exam. When I graded his test and I saw that he did well, I couldn't wait to tell him. I told him and he was very excited and that evening he told his mother. He came in this morning and asked for his test back and I told him that I was planning on giving them back in class on Friday. He politely asked again if he could have it today because he wanted to show his mom because she didn't believe him. So I gave it to him. Anyway, that just made me laugh and happy and I thought that I would share that with you all. Enjoy!

RM

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your student would have the test framed by now :)

    ReplyDelete