Monday, September 25, 2006

Updates and News

At the moment, my students are taking their final exams. They have about 11 exams to take over the next few days and I'm not jealous. Right now it is much better to be the teacher than the student. I finished creating my exams for the first semester and will see how the students do when they take them on Wednesday and Thursday. It was interesting to look back at the past few months and review what I had taught and compare that to what I should have taught and there are definitely things to do differently next time. It was also hard to work around my not being here the first month of classes. That added to the confusion and I know I missed a few lessons here and there because of that. I'm excited for next semester to see what happens when I have the whole semester. I will hopefully be done soon and on October 4 will go to Bangkok to meet Peter.

This weekend I traveled to Chiang Mai to visit my host family. It was wonderful to see my host brother and meet some of his friends. I met him on Saturday and I spent the afternoon with him and his friends at the mall and later we went to go see a movie. It is his first year at university and he has changed a lot since last year. He is much more independent know and I really enjoyed spending time with him. We did make it back to the house for dinner and as usual this reunion dinners was just as much fun as the others. And again they asked me if I had a girlfriend (it seems they are more interested in that than anything) and don't seem to believe me when I tell them no.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Yui ( aka Emily) here.
    Being a teacher is way much better than student when it comes to the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Oh, the joy of exams! We have midterms next week - it is also hard to be the teacher when you have to take hours grading exams!! But it is good when they do well!

    ReplyDelete