Sunday, April 08, 2007

A short note...

It's finally coming to an end. My month of traveling is almost over. I've reached my final destination (Kuala Lumpur) and am here for a few days before heading back to Chiang Mai and eventually Lampang. I could tell you that the time has passed by quickly but that would be an understatement. I could tell you that I've learned a lot but that would be presuming too much (one can only hope I've gained small nuggets of wisdom on this trip). Anyway, the trip is not over yet and there are still many stories to recount and many more to be had. That being said, I don't at the moment feel up to the task of recounting my expedition up Mount Kinabalu and my recent trip to Melaka. I've successfully passed an hour here in the Internet cafe out of the oppressive heat of the city and am ready to venture back out and explore the wonders of Kuala Lumpur. I'm sure I'll find myself in here tomorrow during the heat of the day and will begin to recount those adventures then.

Until then I hope you have a Happy Easter Sunday as it is Easter Sunday here. I had forgotten about that until someone mentioned it not too long ago.

On a similar note, I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my sisters. Kali turned 17 on March 27 (I called her and tried to talk to her but she wouldn't answer her phone...but I did send a card) and Taryn turned 23 (oh my!) on April 6 (yesterday). I tried to call Taryn too, but couldn't find a pay phone compatible with my calling card. And I'm realizing that the details surrounding my calling my sisters is of little interest to anyone (including them) and will again wish them a Happy Birthday and move on.

Bye.

Ryan

1 comment:

  1. I was in Kuala Lampur for a chaotic evening on the way home from India. Unfortunately it was the wee hours of the morning and I was more focused on finding my missing luggage than on the fact we were in KL. Since then, I've wanted to return to do it justice. I'm jealous! Have a great time and I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete