Wednesday, April 18, 2007

An all-American dinner


Hi!

I've added two new addition to my house in the past few days. I am now the proud new owner of a blender and a grill. I have thoroughly enjoyed buying blended drinks from the market and have also taken advantage of the abundant supply of fresh fruits and eat fruit after nearly every meal. I also have an ready supply of ice too, but that's less important. I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and am now able to blend my own fruit smoothies from the comfort of my own home. In the past few days I've made at least eight smoothies from pineapples, bananas, mangoes and oranges (and several from a combination of those fruits). I've also realized that I can buy ice cream, milk and chocolate sauce and given that I'm the owner of a blender I can make milk shakes!

The grill was more of a spur of the moment buy induced by my desire to have a bake potato. Ovens are hard to come by and I thought a grill might work. As soon as the idea popped into my head, my mind went crazy and all of these other culinary ideas emerged and soon I found myself needing a grill. So today, on my way home from school, I bought one and some charcoal. I was going to grill tonight. The menu was this: a grilled honey pork chop, roasted potatoes and corn-on-the-cob. It was fantastic. The whole process was wonderful. I got the coals going right about the time the sun started to set and so as I was cooking the sun was setting. The weather was perfect and the birds were chirping and the smells were wonderful. It was so perfect and felt so American (and I was proud of myself) that I took pictures. It took about an hour to cook everything and then I enjoyed the fruits of my labor and it was incredible. It never felt more like summer and this will happen again in the near future. Oh and I was drinking a banana smoothie while I was grilling. :-D

Later!

RM

P.S. I then had a milk shake for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment