Sunday, January 28, 2007

Two thoughts...

I was riding down the road yesterday afternoon right about sunset. The sunsets in Lampang are incredible. I'm not sure why, but everyday as the sun sets the sky lights up with the most brilliant reds, yellows, pinks and oranges. Everyday. It's a sight that one can never get tired of. Back to the story...I was riding my motorcycle and looking to the west enjoying the picturesque scene of the sun setting over the rice paddies and the warm breeze as I rode along. But that's no different from other days. Today, however, as I was riding there was a train in the distance traveling the same path I was across the rice paddies. It was a sight that stood out in my mind. Not that it's a unique nor inherently striking sight, but at that moment there was something unexplainable about that moment as I was riding - riding in seeming unison with the train through the rice paddies under the setting sun. Even now, I can't find the words to describe the sensation, but it was a pleasant one. And that's thought #1.

I was chatting with a friend online the other day while I was home and had the sensation of deja vu. I know that all of you have at some point or another experienced deja vu and I feel no need to describe the particular incident, but what is in need of explaining was my reaction, which I explained to my friend at the time. I have had deja vu in the past and have had this similar feeling then as I did now. But I take these deja vu incidents (for lack of a better word) as a reassurance that I am doing the right thing in my life. It is as if my experiencing these sensations of deja vu - the feeling that I've been here before - is a sign that I've made the right choices in life and am taking the right path. It's unexplainable why I think that way, but nonetheless, at this point in my life the feeling of reassurance that I received from that moment was pleasant. And there is thought #2.

May you have similar moments,

RM

No comments:

Post a Comment