Monday, January 22, 2007

Fresh Bananas!

Okay, so there are still some things in Thailand that despite having been here for almost a year still amaze me and make me say, "oh, that's cool". I'm living in my little house on the rice field now and out back I have several banana trees. The owners wife was over the other day to water the plants and I came out to chat with her about several things and we were in back by the banana trees. There was a bunch of bananas that were ready to be picked so she told me how to do it and so I picked a bunch off the tree and she gave them to me. When you pick them off the tree they are still green so you have to wait a few days before they ripen so I brought them inside and waited a few days. Last night, after I came home from school they were ripe and ready and smelled incredible so I sat down and had a few fresh bananas right from the tree in my backyard. And as I was eating them I thought to myself, "oh, that's cool".

RM

1 comment: