Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Adventures

Okay, I've definitely slowed down the number of blog post, but fear not, they are going to continue. I mentioned that a few weeks ago I met a women at the gym and she said she was going to take a friend and I to her fruit orchard outside of Lampang. Well, she did indeed do that. I met them both at 1:30 last Sunday and we began the 20 minute drive to Mae Tha. As promised, we spent about an hour picking lamyai (a small brown fruit with a white fleshy center; you peel away the brown outside skin and eat). If you look closely you can see the fruit on the trees. I came home with so many that I was taking them to school and giving them to my students to get rid of them. Here are a few pictures from that adventure. The older woman, Teal, is the one who took us and we are accompanied by her son, JoJo. My friend's name is Laura and she teaches English at Bunyawat in the English department. Do note the incredible height differences between me , Teal and her son. I've never felt like a giant...until then.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 PM

    hi Ryan its EC, me and aunt Debbi went through your blog. i thought it was interestting (hopefully thats spelled right). hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Hey Ryan,
    I like the HOBY shirt. It looks so familar :). Glad you are getting to see other parts of the country, not just stuck in the city. I tried to find your city using Google Earth, but they don't seem to have very good satellite photos of there yet.

    Take care,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete