Thursday, March 22, 2007

Singapore Curry Crab!

Afternoon!

I'm hitting the Internet earlier today as it's my last day in Singapore. Tomorrow I head out super early in the morning to grab a train from Singapore all the way to northern Malaysia where I'll spend a night before headed across the straights to the Perhentian Islands and 5 days of relaxation on the beach! The train ride is also known as the Jungle Train and supposedly goes through some beautiful and rugged country in the heart of Malaysia. I'm stoked and will be sure to let you know how it is once completed.

As for today and the subject of the post, I ate Singapore Curry Crab. As my last post mentioned, I was incredibly beat after walking for days and spent the day just relaxing. I took Sherlock Holmes down to the Singapore River and read along the river and then found a restaurant and treated myself to local favorite, Singapore Curry Crab. It was amazing! I've fallen in love with crab since coming out here and this solidifies crabs place in my heart. Fantastic. The price was less fantastic and was about 1/5 of my monthly rent back in Thailand and made a dent in my wallet but since it was a relaxing day without any activities or admissions fees that was my activity for the day. And an activity is was getting at all the wonderful deliciousness that it was. I was a mess and now understand why bibs are usually associated with eating crabs (much less a curry crab). Then a bit more wandering and shopping and I'm back re-packing and reading and getting ready to go.

I'm off now and this might be the last post for a few days as I'm not sure what the infrastructure is like where I'm headed so until then I hope you're all well and I'll be in touch soon.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment